God of War New Game+ will be available as a free patch update on August 20th (that’s our four-month anniversary already). Remember, to access all the greatness of New Game+, you’ll need to complete the story campaign of God of War on any difficulty. If you already did, New Game+ will be ready and waiting for you on August 20th once you’ve patched. If you haven’t beaten the game yet, you’ve got two weeks, friend. Your boat and Axe and BOI are waiting.
So what is God of War New Game+? It’s inspired by your feedback first and foremost.
With New Game+ comes along a host of new gear, more difficult enemies, and cinematic skipping!
• Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armors, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
• Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves!
• Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
• Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customization options with extremely powerful new armor sets and enchantments.
• Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.
This is easily our biggest update to God of War. We’re certainly looking forward to seeing who completes Give Me God of War New Game+ mode first. That’s a feat! Thank you, thank you, thank you for your patience and allowing us the development time necessary to create New Game+. It arrives August 20th.
Follow us @SonySantaMonica on Twitter for the most up to date everything God of War.
Watch Raising Kratos
Raising Kratos is more than just a “making of,” this cinematic journey of second chances rooted in family, sacrifice, struggle and doubt follows game director Cory Barlog and those who chase perfection in art and storytelling. Witness the incredible defeats, the unpredictable outcomes and the down-to-the-wire tension on full display in this true-life redemption story.
Announcing Raising Kratos
On the one year anniversary of its release, we’re excited to share this peek behind the curtain of God of War’s very own Santa Monica Studio with a trailer for our upcoming film, Raising Kratos. This full-length feature documentary, coming very soon to PlayStation YouTube, is an exploration into the massive undertaking it took to change the course of the God of War Franchise.
"If you make something with passion, that passion is contagious." We partnered with Guinness World Records to surprise one of our greatest fans - Emmanuel Mojica Rosas. He is a fan for the ages, and this is a story we think you will never forget. Not to mention, we also reveal some incredible new merchandise from our dear friends at Mondo.
Together we all dream big dreams. Dreaming big has led to an amazing sense of accomplishment for all of us here at Santa Monica Studio and it’s the belief in that dream that kept us going, from the very moment we set out to create a new beginning for God of War.