God of War Fan Art Contest Global Legal Rules (US/Canada - English)
By participating in the God of War Fan Art Contest (the “Promotion”), each entrant (or his or her parent or legal guardian if the entrant is under the age of majority in his or her state or province of residence) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and scoring of entries and the overall administration of the Promotion. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada age 18 or older at time of entry (individually “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”). Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and the judging panel and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household or with whom they are otherwise domiciled, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter, win or vote. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- TIMING: The Promotion begins September 19, 2018 at 09:00AM PST and ends on April 20, 2019 at 09:00AM PST (the “Promotion Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: Internet access is required to enter this Promotion. To enter, send an e-mail with your Name, Date of Birth, physical mailing address and your God of War fan art to firstname.lastname@example.org (“Entry”). Include your fan art as an attached file or a link to the file housed on an external site such as Box or YouTube. Entry’s file size must be less than 1000 MB and must be in one of the following file formats: .PNG, .JPG, .GIF, .BMP, .MP4, .MOV, .PSD, .TIFF, .EPS, .AI. Your Entry must be received by April 20, 2019.
- JUDGING: The following factors will be used to judge each Entry by Sponsor’s representatives. 33.3% Creativity, 33.3% originality and 33.3% authenticity (“Judging Criteria”). Judging will begin the 2nd Wednesday of each month during the Promotion Period. Sponsor’s representatives will score each Entry based on the Judging Criteria. Up to 9 entries in the U.S. and up to 2 entries in Canada that receive the highest scores each month during the Promotion Period will win. Entrants are subject to verification that they are qualified participants as defined by these rules.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: Each Entrant competing must complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) (Entrants in Canada will be required to complete an Eligibility and Release form (“Release”)) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Sponsor must receive the completed Affidavit or Release within 5 business days of being notified of their winning Entry or Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify Entrant. If an Entrant is considered a minor in the legal jurisdiction in which the Entrant resides, then that Entrant’s parent or legal guardian will be required to execute and return an Affidavit or Release, as applicable. Non-compliance with these Official Rules, failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact an Entrant (using the contact information provided in his or her Entry) within a reasonable time period, as determined by Sponsor’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant is responsible for his or her Entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it. In connection with the Entry, each Entrant affirms, represents, and warrants that: (i) Entrant owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use the Entry in the manner contemplated by Sponsor; and (ii) Entrant has obtained the written consent, release and permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the Entry to use that person’s name or likeness in the Entry and in the manner contemplated by Sponsor. By submitting an Entry to Sponsor, Entrant (i) waives any and all rights in and to any material submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion (including all moral and other rights of authorship); (ii) hereby acknowledges and agrees that Entries (including material submitted by Entrant in connection with the Promotion) become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned; and (iii) grants Sponsor the absolute right to edit, modify, publish, exploit and use an Entry, voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, written works, and all other information or materials that Entrant has provided or may provide in connection with this Promotion in any media, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner, without further approval, permission or consideration, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an Entry. Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, its parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, disclaim any warranties, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, and of fitness for a particular purpose. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable laws, Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, its parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates shall not be liable for any damages including special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages or fees or loss arising out of the use or the inability to use these materials. By participating in the Promotion, you accept this limited license.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Each Entry submitted (i) must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image (as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion), (ii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, contain nudity, unlawful or plagiarized, (iii) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, (iv) may not violate or encourage others to violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, (v) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property right or any other third party right, (vi) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including display of corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor, (vii) may not include references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof and (viii) may not include any virus, worm, corrupt file, Trojan horse or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise Sponsor’s web site or the proper conduct of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the accuracy or truthfulness of any information contained within a submitted Entry. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Entry is not appropriate for publication on the Site or for any other public release and if Entry is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Entry for any reason. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion.
- PRIZES: One (1) Huldra Branded Medallion package containing one (1) Huldra branded medallion and one (1) XO AR postcard will be awarded to each winner (approximate retail value $22 USD). Sponsor will select up to 9 winners in the U.S. and up to 2 winners in Canada the last Wednesday of each month at 10:00AM PT at the offices of the Sponsor during the Promotion Period, for a total of up to 72 winners in the U.S. and a total of up to 16 winners in Canada. Total ARV for all prizes: $1936 USD. Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Please allow 6-8 weeks for prize delivery. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will receive a Federal Tax Form 1099. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion, unless such substitution is prohibited by law. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Canadian winners will be required to correctly answer, unaided, in the manner prescribed by the Sponsor a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question prior to being declared a confirmed winner. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
- WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected based on the Judging Criteria from valid Entries received during the Promotion Period. Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding. Each winning Entrant will be notified via email. The potential winning Entrant must respond to Sponsor’s prize notification email within 10 business days from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email. In the event that the potential winning Entrant does not respond to Sponsor’s prize notification email within the specified time, provides an incorrect response to the mathematical skill-testing question (Canadian Entrants only) or the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, a new winner will be chosen based on the Judging Criteria. Alternate winners will be contacted via email and must respond to the Sponsor’s prize notification email within 10 business days from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email.
- LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries or Votes will be void.
- INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify and defend Sponsor its parent companies, each of Sponsor’s advertising agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of all of the foregoing and the successors and assigns of each of them, from and against actions, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable counsel fees related to (i) Entrant’s use of any prize, (ii) the Sponsor’s use of any of the materials submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion or (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligence by Entrant in connection with this Promotion.
- RELEASES: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, Entrants release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion, and with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec, to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. Limit 1 Entry per person. If more than 1 Entry per person is received or if any person attempts to submit more than 1 Entry by using the same, multiple or different names or email addresses may be deemed void and that person may be disqualified from the Promotion. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is deemed, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be harassing, detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other Entrant.
- WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “God of War Fan Art Contest”, 13031 W. Jefferson Blvd. #600, Los Angeles, CA 90094. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by May 15, 2019.
- QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- SPONSOR: Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, 2207 Bridgepointe Pkwy., San Mateo, CA 94404.